Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Organized Time

If you'll allow me, I'll begin with the platitude that there simply aren't enough hours in the day. Is this true for you? Is this untrue for anyone? I constantly marvel at how many things one can do in a single day; this thought is generally followed by astonishment at how many things have not been crossed off the to-do list. And somehow my lists become so long that they're almost comical. Once a list requires more than a single sheet of paper, I think it has crossed the line into short story territory. For instance, here is my story for the day:

3 loads laundry
Vacuum 5 rugs
Pick up basement
Sweep patio
Tear out vegetable garden
Make cookies
Help friend locate baby sitter for weekend
Look up recipe for cider
Import receipts and bills to budget
Finish making cape for Halloween costume
Make three pillows for family room
Make 5 beds
Clean sticky goo off poster tube
Send out minutes from last meeting
Post to blog

At 10:30 am, I am completing task 3. Hmmm. (And for the record, when did I get so stinkin' busy that I have to put "bed making" on the list?!?!)

I'm sure I'm transparent enough that you've figured out I am going to try to buy myself more time by cataloging an hour. In my busy, fevered state of mind, I think this just might work...

An Hour /
by Father Time.

Description: 60 mins. : 3,600 seconds.
Summary: A unit of time in which one may complete a multitude of small tasks or read several chapters of a really good book.

Copy/Holding Information
Location: While one cannot pinpoint the exact location of an hour, one may track its course in our home via the dining room cuckoo clock, the family room grandfather clock, my wristwatch and the kitchen battery-powered wall clock.
Collection: 24 hours of a day
Status: In high demand, but short supply
Call No.: 1-24.
Copies: 24, but we're adding another 6 or so. (Do you think that is enough?)

Topics

Relativity-When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. Albert Einstein

Oration-Speeches that are measured by the hour will die with the hour. Thomas Jefferson

Philosophy-The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is. C.S. Lewis

Poetry-Time and the hour run through the roughest day. William Shakespeare

Common Sense-Since thou are not sure of a minute, throw not away an hour. Benjamin Franklin

1 comment:

  1. free classifieds
    http://freeclassified.net16.net/
    http://freeclassified.site50.net/
    http://localclassified.comuf.com/

    http://moneytricksonline.net63.net/
    http://moneytricksonline.site90.net/

    ReplyDelete