Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Class list

It all started with a pencil. (Don't you think that a positively loaded first line? Where on earth am I going with this?)

Actually, it all started with the search for a pencil. Now, everyone has a pencil somewhere in his/her home. It is also true that he or she can never find that pencil when (s)he needs it. (In an era of hypertext, the act of handwriting is falling by the wayside. In light of this, why on earth was I trying to write anything, anyway? But I digress.) So I couldn't find a pencil. And it occurred to me that I could catalog my pencil and then I'd always be able to find it... or its metadata, anyway. So, if I create a record for my pencil and update it regularly (when it has been checked out and to whom, location, that sort of thing), then, in theory, I'll never again lose said pencil. Yes. I think this may work.

So, here goes:

No. 2 : HB /
by Musgrave, James.
Shelbyville, Tenn: Musgrave Pencil Company, 1916.
Description: 19 cm. : eraser : sharpened.
Summary: Yellow, useful, perpetually missing. A graphite core surrounded by cedar.

Copy/Holding Information
Location: desk drawer
Collection: office supplies
Status: lost
Call No.: 2

Similar titles
Charcoal Pencil
Colored Pencil
Mechanical Pencil
Golf Pencil
Quadrachromatic Pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment