Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

Registering money

Did you know that money doesn't grow on trees?!?! No really; It doesn't. It's fabricated, not grown!

I can only imagine the circumstances under which this knowledge was imparted to me: Four-year-old Autumn has decided to carelessly chuck quarters into the fountain. The afore-mentioned is quoted by a well-meaning parent and elicits the response, "Yes, but I though water might cause expansion." Hmm.

So maybe that isn't exactly how I learned that money must be earned, but it makes for a much better story than the age-old I-went-to-college-then-graduated-and-had-to-pay-back-student-loans narrative. So however it happened, I have developed a new strategy since then and am ready for implementation. Are you ready?

I will create a record for money and then add multiple copies. It's as simple as that. (Don't you wish you were a librarian now?)

One Dollar Bill /
by The National Treasury.
Washington D.C.: Bureau of Engraving and Printing, 1862.

Description: 2.61 x 6.14 in. : green.

Summary: Featuring a portrait of George Washington, this denomination is the most common of all United States currencies. While the most humble, the dollar bill is the most popular of the bills. Consequently, it has the shortest life span at 18-22 months.
Copies: Millions and millions

Copy/Holding Information
Location: bank : wallet
Collection: financial
Status: circulating
Call No.: $1

Alternate titles
Bill
Almighty Dollar
Greenback
Cash
Single
One
Bone

Subjects
Collection
Distribution
Counterfeiting
Investment

Resources
http://www.moneyfactory.gov/home.html
http://www.ustreas.gov/
http://onedollarbill.org/index.html

*If this doesn't work out, I suppose I'll have to console myself with some words of wisdom via Warren Buffet: If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians. Wow. I feel like a millionaire already.

No comments:

Post a Comment